President: Edna Moss
Vice President: David Avner
Secretary: Paula Halley
Treasurer: Gary Empey
Classes and Support
NAMI Weber Affiliate offers FREE education programs and support groups for people with mental illness /brain disorders and their families:
B.R.I.D.G.E.S. (Building Recovery of Individual Dreams and Goals through Education and Support) is a 12-week course for consumers of mental health services and those interested in establishing and maintaining their wellness and recovery. Topics include: brain biology and mental illness, medications review, schizophrenia and mood disorders, anxiety disorders, problem-solving and communication, building support and crisis avoidance planning, community support services, healthy living and whole-body healing. It is a peer-to-peer class taught by trained individuals who have personal experience with mental illness.
New BRIDGES classes
- Starting: January 14th, 2014 - Tuesdays from 1-3pm at the Wellness Center (210 27th St. Ogden)
- Starting: January 15th, 2014 - Wednesdays from 6-8pm at Family Counseling Services (3518 Washington Blvd. Ogden)
Family-To-Family is a 12-week course for families and friends of people who have mental illness. Family members can unite together to support each other and receive valuable education about signs and symptoms of mental illness, medications, emotional stages of reaction to the illness, effective coping skills, problem-solving, empathy, communication skills, recovery and advocacy.
- FAMILIA A FAMILIA (For family members who have a loved one with a mental illness- Class is in Spanish) Starting: January 27th 2014 - Mondays from 5:30-8:30 at 2955 Harrison Blvd Ogden.
Connection Support Group is offered for people who have mental illness (ages 14 years and older).
- The support group meets every Monday (except holidays) at 6:30 pm and is held at Weber Human Services, Room E102 (237 26th Street Ogden, UT 84401)
Family-To-Family Support Group is offered for family members (ages 14 years and older) of people who have mental illness. It offers support from those who understand. The support group meets every Monday (except holidays) at 6:30 pm and is held at Weber Human Services, 237 26th Street, Ogden, UT 84401. The group facilitator is Gary Empey. His phone number is 801-731-2583.
Please call the NAMI Weber Affiliate office at 801-625-3714 with any questions and to reserve your spot in these classes so that we may be prepared with adequate class materials. The office is located in the Weber Human Services building in Room 139.
Local Mental Health Authority
- Weber Human Services (801) 625-3700
Local Family Resource Facilitators