- NAMI Utah State office for information on classes and general NAMI information: (801) 323-9900 or e-mail SL.Affiliate@namiut.org
Classes and Support
- Basics, education classes for parents of youth living with mental illness:
- April 2-May 7, 2015 (Thursdays) from 6:30-9:00 pm at Granite District Community Center (2500 S. State Street)
- Bases y Fundamentos (Spanish Basics)
- Enero 15-Febrero 19, 2015 (Jueves) desde 6:30-9 p.m. a Granite District Community Center (2500 S. State Street)
- BRIDGES, education classes for individuals living with mental illness:
- January 13-March 31, 2015 (Tuesdays) from 7-9:30 p.m. at Valley Behavioral Health-Midvale (195 W. 7200 S.)
- January 20-April 28, 2015(Tuesdays) from 1-3:30 p.m. (skipping 1st Tuesday of every month) at Disability Law Center (205 N. 400 W.)
- January 28-April 15, 2015(Wednesdays) 7-9:30 p.m. at the VA Hospital (500 Foothill Drive)
- January 28-April 15, 2015 (Wednesdays) 7-9:30 p.m. at LDS Hospital (8th Avenue & C Street)
- Connection, support groups for individuals living with mental illness:
- Mondays 6:30 p.m. Utah Pride Center, north side upstairs, 255 E. 400 S., SLC, Utah 84111
- Wednesdays 12:30 p.m. Valley Behavioral Health, in the basement, 1020 S. Main St, SLC, Utah 84101
- Our Group Guidelines:
Be respectful: the golden rule guides us.
Confidentiality is our pledge: what we say here, stays here.
Empathize with each other's situation: even when we don't understand, we're doing our very best.
Keep it in the here and now: we're much more effective when we focus on what's happening right now.
Time limit for check-in: ask a peer to set a timer for you; we can't all share our entire story every time.
90 means 90: it goes by faster than you'd think.
- For more information about Connection contact SL.Affiliate@namiut.org
- Our Group Guidelines:
- Conexión, grupos de apoyo gratuitos para las personas:
- CONEXION at Hartland Center se abrirá pronto; llame para mas detalles (801) 869-2874.
- Para mayor información comuníquese al (801) 869-2874.
- Family Support Groups:
- Last Wednesday of each month from 7:00-8:30 p.m. at Salt Lake Behavioral Health (3802 S. 700 E. Main Floor). For more information, call Teri Harrison (801) 864-2989 or Teri Hartman (801) 599-4193. *Please note: Group meetings will be held on November 26 and December 17.
- Support for Families and Caregivers of Children/Adolescents: Valley Behavioral Health Children’s Outpatient (1141 E. 3900 S. #A170); Thursdays (excluding holidays and 5th Thursdays) from 6:30–8:00 p.m. For more more information contact Nikki Lines (801) 718-2412.
- Grupo de Apoyo para Familiares:
- UNP - 1060 S. 900 W. (puerta trasera), el segundo y cuarto lunes de cada mes. Llamar (801) 869-2874.
- Family-to-Family, family education classes:
- January 13-March 31, 2015 (Tuesdays) from 7-9:30 pm at Valley Behavioral Health-Midvale (195 W. 7200 S.)
- January 28-April 15, 2015 (Wednesdays) 7-9:30 pm at the VA Hospital (500 Foothill Drive)
- January 28-April 15, 2015 (Wednesdays) 7-9:30 pm at LDS Hospital (8th Avenue & C Street)
- Progression, education classes for youth living with mental illness/Progresion, clases de educacion para jovenes con problemas emocionales. Las clases son en ingles en las mismas fechas y lugares que estan arriba para mas informacion y subscripcion llamar al (801) 323-9900.
- January 15-February 19, 2015 (Thursdays) from 6:30 - 9 pm at Granite District Community Center (2500 S. State Street)
- Provider Education, a course (with CEU credit) for businesses/professionals who provide services for individuals with mental illness:
- Call the NAMI Utah state office for more info (801) 323-9900.
- Suicide Survivors Support Group, for families and friends who have lost a loved one to suicide: Every 4th Wednesday, 7 p.m. at Riverton Hospital, Bluffdale Conference Room, 12600 South Bangerter Highway, Riverton.
Salt Lake County Mental Health Authority
- Valley Behavioral Health (801) 263-7100
Local Family Resource Facilitators
- Megan Lundskog (email@example.com): 801-654-9091, Mary Gully: 801-631-1086, Konnie Bringhurst: 801-344-4117, Christi Dees: 801-347-8963, Jacqueline Gomez-Arias: 801-604-8732, Jessica Allchin: 385-743-1434, Tamarra Evans-Sluga, Lori Cerar: 801-433-2595, Lis Rosen: 801-323-9900, Natalie Marshall: 385-226-2957